The Clubhouse at Ulu
Sophisticated-tropical stay perched high on the cliffs above Uluwatu at Bali’s most stunning beach club.
When you come across a brand new, clifftop, oceanfront, all-suite boutique hotel in Uluwatu, you book it immediately and plan to stay awhile. The Clubhouse at Ulu checks all of those boxes and then some while sitting 200 ft above the ocean on a sheer rock face.
Open as of September 2019, the new boutique hotel is a luxurious experience complete with a Members Club and easy access to the adjacent Ulu Cliffhouse beach club and restaurant.
Stays at The Clubhouse at Ulu come with (among many other perks) a daily sunbed and personal attendant at Ulu Cliffhouse, which is essentially an adult playground equipped with a 25-metre infinity pool, open-air restaurant, multiple sleek bars, and a collection of terraces made for lounging – all with impeccable design and panoramic ocean views.
The Clubhouse is undoubtedly beautiful, taking a page from the natural palette just outside its walls, and it’s a quick commute to Uluwatu’s famous waves right around the corner.
Perfect for those looking to be in the middle of Uluwatu’s action with some of Bali’s best surfing, dining, and activities at your fingertips, days here start with in-suite breakfasts followed by morning surf seshes, and rounded out with lazy afternoons spent at the Cliffhouse.
A vacation in itself, The Clubhouse and Cliffhouse have done the heavy lifting for you so all you have to do is show up, ready to soak in Ulu’s best.
VIBE: Tropical sophistication
LOCALE: Clifftop oasis
ROOMS: 7 unique suites
FAMILY FRIENDLY: No
CLOSEST AIRPORT: Denpasar International Airport (DPS)
PRICING: from $275 per night
The hotel’s seven unique suites are named for Indonesia’s seven iconic surf breaks and each suite is a different immersive experience awash in oceanic tones of deep teals, emeralds, and blues finished with oiled teaks, brass fixtures, and pops of pink. Each room comes “standard” with ocean views.
Just outside your suite’s doors, find not only ocean views but a peek into the action of Ulu Cliffhouse just below – each suite claiming a slightly different perspective. Love that Balinese indoor-outdoor way of life? Request a suite with an outdoor shower or terrace overlooking the happenings below.
Eat & Drink
Take your pick of world-class eats and libations at the Members Club (private to guests of the hotel), the striking main bar and restaurant at Cliffhouse, or opt for The Ocean Deck – a secret hideaway of a bar perched halfway down the cliff face accessible via a winding stairway.
The Southern Indian Ocean supplies Bali with consistent solid swells, so surf can be found year-round. That said, the cooler dry season from May to September is the best time for Bali’s famous Bukit Peninsula on the southwest coast (although any time of year is suitable for beginners). The Clubhouse at Ulu is right around the corner from Uluwatu’s six famous peaks, and other premiere spots like Padang Padang, Impossibles, and Bingin are all within a 5 – 15 minute scooter ride away.
WATER TEMP: 77 – 86 °F (25 – 30 °C)
PEAK SURF SEASON: May – Sept
SHOULDER SURF SEASON: Oct – Apr
SURF EXPERIENCE: The area is best for intermediate to advanced surfers (depending on the season), but beginner lessons are available nearby as well.
Stays include daily a la carte breakfast in-suite or at the clifftop restaurant, daily bottled water, a super-equipped mini bar, daily sun bed allocation at Ulu Cliffhouse, 24/7 concierge, and more (see Good to Know tab below for more info).
CHECK IN: 3 pm
CHECK OUT: 12 pm
LOW SEASON // Jan 9 – Mar 31, Oct 16 – Dec 15 // $275 – $424
MID SEASON // Apr 1 – Oct 15 // $394 – $454
HIGH SEASON // Dec 16 – Jan 8 // $424 – $484
* Rates are per night and inclusive of 21% tax and service
ALL BOOKINGS RECEIVE:
– King suite accommodation for 2
– Daily Sunbed allocation and personal attendant at Ulu Cliffhouse
– Welcome beverage on arrival with refreshing atomizer
– Daily a la carte breakfast in-suite or at the cliff top restaurant
– Daily bottled drinking water
– Daily served in suite or pool side delights
– In-suite tea & coffee facilities
– Signature line of hair and body care
– Daily Maid and turn down service
– Minimum 3 night stays receive one way airport transfer
– Stays in low season receive $100 food & beverage credit
– Deals on food and beverage credits available with your stay. Inquire for more info.
– Your in-suite tablet comes with Netflix, Spotify and your direct host portal service, for any enquiries and room service requests. The dedicated Clubhouse team will be happy to assist you on planning your activities during your stay.
– The best local DJs play on Friday through Sunday on a weekly basis, in addition to Live acoustic on selected days.
Your host can arrange a host of in-house and out-of-house activities to suit even the hardiest of action-seeking travelers. The options are endless: from private yoga sessions on the ocean deck, or personal surf training sessions, to sunrise treks up Mount Batur, cultural tours of Ubud, motorbike tours, scuba diving, or paragliding, to name a few.
Since opening, Ulu Cliffhouse has rapidly become known for throwing some of the best parties on the island and they regularly host shows with legendary DJs like Carl Cox and Fat Boy Slim. Let us know if you’re interested in learning about up and coming gigs.
Fly into Denpasar International Airport (DPS) and a Clubhouse rep will pick you up at the airport and whisk you away to the Bukit. The drive to The Clubhouse at Ulu is around 45 minutes depending on traffic.
The Small Print
Check in: 3:00 pm / Check out: 12:00 noon. Please do advise us of any changes of your schedule. The Clubhouse at Ulu will do their best to accommodate arrival and departure times, subject to availability. All flights to Denpasar Airport, Bali, Indonesia.
– 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your booking – it can be paid by bank transfer or a credit card.
– Confirmation of arrival and departure dates and times is required before final quotation
– If the required 50% non-refundable deposit is not received, we cannot hold dates in the calendar
– 50% balance is due 30 days prior to the check in date; it can be paid by bank transfer or a credit card.
– If a reservation request is made within 30 days prior to the check-in date, 100% of total rental amount is required.
– If payments are not made on or before the due dates as required herein, the hotel has the right to cancel the booking.
– All payments must be made in US Dollars, all the prices are inclusive of VAT (10% government tax and 11% service charge).
– All further payments charges incurred by credit card, stripe or your banking institution are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Written notice of cancellation must be sent to eric[at]lushpalm.com and hello[at]theclubhouseatulu.com
The following T&C’s apply:
– 50% of the total stay amount will be forfeited if the booking is cancelled
– 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before start of the stay period.
– No-show or earlier departure – 100% of the booking amount will be forfeited
– All last minute changes are subject to availability and not guaranteed