Six Senses Fiji
Paradise found at this luxury resort in Fiji on a stunning tropical island near world-class waves.
Located on Malolo Island, west of Fiji’s main island of Viti Levu, Six Senses Fiji is a luxurious and private getaway for adventure seekers, families, honeymooners, and seasoned island hoppers alike. Fiji is no stranger to bucket lists – claiming more than 300 islands, the archipelago is the epitome of paradise. Think postcard-perfect surf trip: tropical oases framed by palm trees, warm turquoise ocean, and an impressive amount of world-class surf breaks.
Six Senses is known for their attention to detail, experiences, and conservation, and this Fijian outpost is no exception. Surrounded by crystal clear water and white sand beaches, you’ll be greeted with that classic South Pacific architecture and design complemented by a touch of modernity as soon as you step onsite. Find just 24 spacious pool villas alongside private residences that provide a welcoming and tranquil respite from a day on the water.
When you’ve hit your surf quota for the day, laze away at the resort’s main infinity pool, lounge beachside, or hit the yoga pavilion to stretch it out for your next epic session. Also a top option: hit the resort spa tucked into lush jungle foliage complete with Fijian-inspired treatments, herbal sauna, steam room, fitness center, and jungle gym.
If you want to stay active (and/or you’re traveling with non-surfers), the Experiences Center offers a wide range of daily activities within the resort, plus open water diving certification, water sports, and excursions.
VIBE: Luxury but make it relaxed
LOCALE: Wake up on the beach
ROOMS: 24 spacious villas / 9 luxury residences with 2 – 5 bedrooms
FAMILY FRIENDLY: Yes
CLOSEST AIRPORT: Nadi International Airport (NAN)
PRICING: Villas from $960 per night / Residences from $2,200 per night
Is tropical modern a thing? It is now. Leaning on natural materials, the rooms here are warm, inviting, and even cozy. The toned-down, rich interiors are an intentional contrast to the brightly colored natural surrounds found outside. It’s beachy-tropical meets simply-sophisticated.
When private plunge pools, outdoor soaking tubs, and decks come standard with your room, you know you’ve found paradise. Choose from garden, ocean, or marina views for your stay, and once you’re ready to leave your room, head to the beach just steps away.
Eat & Drink
Onsite, choose from three gourmet dining options. Visit Teitei Pizzeria for oven-baked pizzas, Tovolea for Pacific meets international dishes, or Rara for casual Asean dishes – all using ingredients from their organic farm. Don’t forget about the Deli for action packed days or the Ice Creamery for a sweet treat.
In short: 6 world-class waves within 20 minutes. Located to the west of Fiji’s main island of Viti Levu, the Mamanuca Islands are home to multiple world class reef breaks (i.e. Cloudbreak, Restaurants) and consistent year round swell. The peak surf season runs from April to October, when regular offshore southeasterly trade winds produce the best and biggest barrels. November through March is the shoulder season, and is the perfect time for beginner to intermediate surfers looking for more manageable surf in the waist to chest high zone with lighter winds and thinner crowds. Six Senses Fiji offers surf guiding, beginner lessons, and advanced surf coaching.
WATER TEMP: ~ 80°F (26 °C) year round
PEAK SURF SEASON: Apr – Oct
SHOULDER SURF SEASON: Nov – Mar
SURF EXPERIENCE: Beginner to advanced
All stays include daily breakfast, your own GEM (Guest Experience Maker), unlimited wifi, and multiple onsite activities.
CHECK IN: 2 pm for Villas, 3 pm for Residences
CHECK OUT: 12 pm
- Villas from $960 per night
- Residences from $2,866 per night
* Inquire for the best available rates.
(Rates include: 9 percent VAT, 10 percent HTT and 6% Environment tax)
Good to Know
– The resort is very kid friendly with complimentary nanny service in the residences, and a dedicated kid’s club, Grow With Six Senses, for children between four and twelve years old. Little guests can take part in tons of fun activities such as kids’ yoga, pizza making, tree planting, bracelet weaving, and tie-dye t-shirt making. There’s also family paddle-boarding, snorkel safaris and in-villa movie night experiences.
– Six Senses Fiji is committed to preserving and bettering its land and community: all accommodations are 100% solar powered, rainwater is turned into drinking water via reverse osmosis, and the Iguana conservatory has protected the critically endangered Iguana population, just to name a few examples.
Fly into Nadi International Airport (NAN) on Fiji’s largest island, Viti Levu. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the transfer team and they will help you take a private car to Port Denarau. On arrival at Port Denarau Terminal, find the Six Senses Fiji check-in counter to be directed to the Six Senses jetty to take a 35-minute shared or private speed boat directly to the resort.
Alternatively, you can take a 10-minute scenic helicopter ride to the resort. We’ll walk you through transportation options upon booking. Depending on the mode of transportation and guests in your party, transfers range from around $320 to $3,620 for two people.
The Small Print
Reservations are to be guaranteed by credit card or bank transfer. A deposit of two nights’ accommodation per room is required 90 days before arrival. The remainder of payment (accommodation, meal plan and transfers) is required 30 days prior to arrival.
– All Master Card and Visa Card transactions will be subject to 3% credit card fees
– All American Express transactions will be subject to 3.5% credit card fees
– Two nights accommodation per room between 31 and 90 days prior to arrival.
– 100% (accommodation, meal plan and transfers) less than 30 days prior to arrival.
– Unexpected departure from the resort will be charged as per the reserved booking.
– Cancellations or amendments will not be accepted until they have been confirmed by email.
ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES
Early Arrival (Villas and Residences)
Check-in time is from 2:00 pm in villas and suites and 3:00 pm in residences. While every endeavor will be made to have accommodations ready earlier, this cannot be guaranteed. Should guests wish to arrive earlier, it is highly recommended to reserve and pay for the villa from the night before arrival, which will ensure immediate villa availability for the best possible arrival experience. Shower facilities and luggage storage will remain at your disposal for early arrival.
Check-out time is by 12:00 noon. Late check-out until 6:00 pm will be charged at 50 percent of one night’s accommodation charge. Beyond this time, one night’s accommodation charge will be applied. Shower facilities and luggage storage will remain at your disposal for late departure.
All one-bedroom villas can accommodate two adults plus one child under 12 years and two-bedroom villas can accommodate four adults plus two children under 12 years. The sofa in the living area is turned into a bed.
Food and Beverage Services
– Children aged five years and below stay and eat for free from the children’s menu (in-villa dining not included).
– For children aged six to 11 years breakfast is free.
– Children aged 12 or above are charged adult prices.
– Children’s meal plan rates are available for items on the children’s menu.
* As an Expedia Associate, we may earn when you book through a link on our site. There is never an additional cost to you, and as 1% for the Planet members, we donate a portion of our earnings to nonprofits that support our oceans and the environment. Thank you for supporting Lush Palm – this helps us stay ad-free and continue to create fresh content and helpful guides.