Dream Inn Santa Cruz is a surf-inspired retro-chic hotel on the beach in the heart of Santa Cruz, California.
Stunning ocean views from every room, direct beach access, and fun mid-century modern design are a few things to look forward to at Dream Inn Santa Cruz. Built at the site of local legend Jack O’Neill’s first surf shop, this beachfront boutique hotel is a homage to retro surf vibes at their finest.
Located on Cowell’s Beach between the historic Santa Cruz Wharf and picturesque West Cliff Drive, Dream Inn is a choice spot to explore the charming city of Santa Cruz and its waves.
Cowell’s surf break in front of the hotel is a long gentle wave, perfect for longboarders and beginners, and more advanced surfers can head to nearby Steamer Lane or other Santa Cruz hotspots.
While the style of Dream Inn gives a nod to its retro past, thanks to a major remodel in 2017 the property and amenities are 100% modern and on-point. After a day of surfing and exploring, wind down at the beachfront hot tub, or cozy up to a fire pit to watch the sunset with a local craft beer in hand. We’re pretty sure O’Neill would approve.
- LOCATION: Santa Cruz, California
- CLOSEST AIRPORT: San Jose International (SJC)
- PROPERTY TYPE: Beachfront Full-Service Hotel
- PROPERTY SIZE & STYLE: 165 Oceanfront guest rooms with private balconies and ocean views. 16 Suites and Poolside infinity rooms.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY: Yes
- WATER TEMP: 55 – 62 °F (13 – 17 °C)
- PEAK SURF SEASON: October – March
- SHOULDER SURF SEASON: April/May and September/October
- OFF SEASON: June – August. Hotel is busy but limited swell.
- SURF EXPERIENCE: Beginner to very advanced
- INSTAGRAM: @dreaminn_santacruz
- Low season: $159- $229
- Shoulder Season: $229 – $359
- Peak Season: $309- $699